- 23 Nov 2023
- All Day
- Program (nearing completion)
AgroInsecta ’23: Insecticulture in Circular Agriculture
On 23 November 2023, in Cascina Cabella, Casalnoceto (AL) the fourth edition of AgroInsecta will take place, the only Italian event dedicated to insect farming in the field of circular agriculture.
Insecticulture, the breeding of insects for animal feed, represents a rapidly growing sector.
This new form of animal husbandry reveals extraordinary potential for using organic waste in a sustainable circular economy. In fact, proteins derived from insects can bring numerous benefits to the health of farm animals, including probiotic effects and stimulation of the immune response.
AgroInsecta '23 will give particular emphasis to the automation of production processes, a crucial step to move from artisanal or semi-industrial production to totally mechanized and automated production. The intersections between biogas production and insect farming will also be explored, with a focus on allied agricultural management, the use of waste energy and the improvement of sustainability.
AgroInsecta's objectives include updating on the development of insect farming in Italy and around the world, the development of the market through the interest of potential customers and investors, and the promotion of business networks. Moreover, the event aims to create a forum for sharing ideas, sector visibility and policy discussion, legislation and regulation.
Among the readily practicable solutions present in the insect farming sector, AgroInsecta '23 will present purchase contracts for larvae and protein meals, certified insect breeding modules, efficient genotype supplies, and optimized feeding diets based on available agricultural waste and farm biomass.
The target audience of AgroInsecta '23 includes agricultural entrepreneurs, agroenergy companies, investors, feed producers, livestock companies, agronomic technicians, forestry and environmental, public administration and the university and research world.
AgroInsecta '23 is an unmissable event for anyone interested in exploring the potential of insect farming in circular agriculture. Do not miss!
AgroInsecta 23 - Conferences (Cascina Cabella, Casalnoceto (AL)
- 09:30 - 09:35
- The themes of AgroInsecta
- 09:35 - 09:50
- Authorization procedures for insect breeding facilities
- 09:50 - 10:05
- L'uso degli insetti nella mangimistica: the situation in Europe
- 10:05 - 10:20
- Cesac's Captive insect project for the tenebrio molitor
- 10:20 - 10:35
- L'insetticoltura e la filiera alimentare
- 10:35 - 10:50
- Normativa per l'impiego di larve vive nella zootecnia
- 10:50 - 11:05
- La fiscalità agricola e l'insetticoltura
- 11:05 - 11: 20
- The feasibility of conversion to biomethane, alla luce della rivalutazione delle incentivazioni e l'integrazione di moduli di insetticoltura
- 11:20 - 11:35
- Promuovere l'insetticoltura europea
- 11:35 - 11:50
- The Novel Food Directive and insects in human nutrition
- 11:50 - 13:00
- Round table of insect growers: Una politica per l'insetticoltura
- Ivan Albano - Italian Cricket Farm; Laura Contu - Ministry of Health; Giovanni Andrea Ferrari - Kinsect; Michele Filippini - Cesac; Massimiliano Giansanti - Confagricoltura; Caterina Luppa - BugsLife; Carlotta Totaro - Alia; Beppe Tresso - BEF Biosystems;
- 1300 - 14:00
Visit BugsFarm Casalnoceto (AL)
- 14:30 - 16:00
- Visit Casalnoceto (AL) - Razza San Carlo Agricultural Company
- Una "Bugsfarm”, i.e. a breeding plant for Hermetia illucens insects. This insect farm was brought to full production after two years of operation. Le larve vengono alimentate con prodotti agricoli e sottoprodotti dell'industria agroalimentare, come l'insilato di mais, triticale, beets and soybean processing waste. In un'altra area dell’azienda si trova la voliera, for the reproduction of insects Newborn larvae and "feedstock" (pre-processed waste) are inserted into the Bioconverters, air-conditioned breeding rooms managed electronically remotely. In about two weeks the larvae reach maturity and can be collected.